...to ensure that the proposal to open a new calcium carbonate mine in Danby is defeated?
Voice your opinion by writing letters to the editor. Increase your power by participating in the democratic process.
Vermont News Guide P.O. Box 1265, Manchester Center, VT 05255
Rutland Herald P.O. Box 668, Rutland, VT 05702
Burlington Free Press P.O. Box 10, Burlington, VT 05402
Manchester Journal P.O. Box 569, Manchester Center, 05255 manjourn@sover.net
Bennington Banner letters@benningtonbanner.com
  ...to strengthen Act 250 to encourage and protect citizen participation:
Contact your legislator and the Speaker of the House, the House Minority leader, the President of the Senate, and the Senate Minority leader. Tell them to protect and strengthen Vermonter's rights to participate in the Act 250 process.
Listing of Vermont Legislators' Addresses:
   ...to encourage the state of Vermont to increase their oversight of Omya's operations, ensure that they are in compliance with all their permits, and investigate Omya's use of biocides:
Contact ANR Secretary Elizabeth "Wibs" McLain:

Agency of Natural Resources
Center Building, 2nd Floor
103 South Main Street
Waterbury, VT 05671-0301

(802) 241-3600
Fax: (802) 244-1102
  ...to ensure that Vermonters are protected from abuses of the Global Economy:
Write to your representatives to the U.S. Congress
Sen. Patrick Leahy United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-4242, (800) 642-3193
Sen. James Jeffords United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-5141, (800) 835-5500
Rep. Bernard Sanders U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-4115, (800) 339-9834
  ...to insist on honest, straightforward, and open action and speech on the part of Vermont administrative departments? That Vermont Government work FOR Vermonters, with the cooperation of Vermonters?
Contact Vermont Governor Jim Douglas:

109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609

Tel: (802) 828-3333
Fax: (802) 828-3339
Contribute to VCE

Copyright © 1999-2004 by Vermonters for a Clean Environment