VCE Letterhead


Contact Jim Fay at the Champlain Water District and ask him to take the chloramine out of the water now
Champlain Water District
403 Queen City Park Road
South Burlington, VT 05403 get the chloramine out of your water?
Voice your opinion by writing letters to the editor. Increase your power by participating in the democratic process.
Burlington Free Press P.O. Box 10, Burlington, VT 05402
Seven Days Vermont SEVEN DAYS, PO Box 1164, Burlington, VT 05402-1164
Rutland Herald
P.O. Box 668, Rutland, VT 05702
Support Vermonters for a Clean Environment
by sending a tax-deductible contribution.
Williston Observer
The Williston Observer, P.O. Box 1158, Williston 05495
The Other Paper
The Other Paper, P.O. Box 2032, South Burlington 05407
Shelburne News
Shelburne News, P.O. Box 752, Shelburne 05482
Contact Your Town's CWD Commissioner and tell him you want the chloramine out of the water now
Champlain Water District Board of Water Commissioners
South Burlington Peter L. Jacob, Chair
Shelburne Tom Bessette
Colchester Karen Richard
Milton George Nelson
Village of Jericho Bob Shand
Winooski Peter Crowley
Essex Bernie Lemieux
Williston Don Phillips change state laws so insufficiently-studied chemicals are not used in your water?
Contact your legislator and the Speaker of the House, the House Minority leader, the President of the Senate, and the Senate Minority leader. Tell them to protect Vermont water users from untested chemicals.
Listing of Vermont Legislators' Addresses: change state policy by learning about better alternatives to chloramine?
Write to Agency of Natural Resources Secretary Deb Markowitz

Vermont Agency of Natural Resources - 103 South Main Street, Center Building
Waterbury, VT 05671-0301
or e-mail him at, and tell her what you want. protest the EPA's failure to adequately evaluate chloramine prior to approving it for public water supplies?
Write to your representatives to the U.S. Congress and ask them to require human health studies on chloramine prior to using it in public water supplies:
Sen. Patrick Leahy United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-4242, (800) 642-3193
Sen. Bernard Sanders United States Senate
332 Dirksen Building
Washington, DC 20510
Rep. Peter Welch U.S. House of Representatives
1404 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-4115 make sure the Vermont Department of Health hears from everyone who is affected by chloramine?
Contact Commissioner Harry Chen:

Department of Health
108 Cherry Street
P.O. Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402

(802) 863-7200
(800) 464-4343 insist on honest, straightforward, and open action and speech on the part of Vermont administrative departments? That Vermont Government work FOR Vermonters, with the cooperation of Vermonters?
Contact Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin:

109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609

Tel: (802) 828-3333
Fax: (802) 828-3339
Copyright © 1999-2011 by Vermonters for a Clean Environment
Updated July 3, 2011